I've been really busy getting ready to launch a business and doing volunteer work and my blog has suffered for it. I have to admit I haven't felt much inspiration to post lately. A lot of what I want to post, I can't because I'm just not ready, so I just haven't been posting.
This year has gone so fast. It's nearly summer and I'm excited to be able to spend time with my boys and relax without the pressures of last summer. Along those lines, I figured since I'm finally taking some time to plan out what we are doing, why not post about it for anyone else who might be interested in some summer fun ideas?
This year we are planning to be mellow and just go with our feelings on the day. There is one thing we will do because I think it's important and that is Summer Bridge. These are workbooks to help your kids maintain what they learned in school over the summer, so they start school on top of their game. We have done these for the last few years and I think they help. We don't usually make it all the way to the end of the workbook, so the fact that I think they help, says a lot about how good they really are.
That gets the schooling out of the way and the rest is all fun.
1. We will go to the library and do their summer program. We love to read!
2. I will be doing this fab idea starting tomorrow. You can read more about it here.
3. We will absolutely be doing a summer bucket list. Read about it here.
4. We will be using this 100 things list to come up with some of our bucket ideas and to just figure out some fun things to do. The list is here:
5. I will be utilizing this brilliant idea of a bored jar! Yep. "Bored, you say?" Pick from the jar and you have to do whatever is on the tag. It could be fun or it could be a chore! Ha! That should cure the boredom blues.
6. I purchased this book because I know we'll do crafty stuff this summer and since they're big into Star Wars, what could be more fun?
I do have to thank Pinterest, yet again, because ideas 2-5 came from there! I adore that place! I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend. We're down to the last few days of school and then we're out for the summer. It's hard to believe, but here we are.
Have a great week!